Pages

8 April 2013

TIFFANY COLOUR?....NOT QUITE!

Models_Own_Jade_Stone


I always thought this Models Own nail polish in Jade Stone colour is the perfect "Tiffany" colour. I couldn't be more wrong.

My only apology is that I never owned anything from Tiffany&Co. at the time I bought this pretty polish about two years ago. But it looked exactly like the mint colour that the Tiffany boxes are made of in my eyes. So in order to prove this claim I had to travel to a different country to find the Tiffany&Co. store....OK,OK, I admit it! This is a very poor excuse for travelling to Florida since Tiffany & Co. opened their store in Prague only a month later :-). Anyway, let's get back to the nail polish story.

So after I indulged myself with a gorgeous Tiffany&Co. necklace and brought it home nicely packed in the little mint box I realised that the colour is definitely not a dupe - such a shame! Even though it's not the exact dupe I love the colour. It's a pretty mint green shade, exactly the colour I like. When I first bought this nail polish the consistency was just great. One coat of this polish is enough to get the opaque finish you want. However, I think the second layer can always fix any inconsistency you might create by sloppy application (yes, I am talking about myself and my wonderful painting skills and not yours obviously ;-)) . So I always put two coats of any nail polish to get better results but it's entirely up to you. If you posses better skills than I do, one coat will do for you :-).

Unfortunately, having this bottle for almost two years (...and not exactly stored in a dark and cool place) the nail polish is thick in consistency and difficult to apply now. Therefore, I will be looking into other mint colours for the spring and try to find the best "Tiffany" colour dupe. Essie Mint Candy Apple and Essie Where's my Chauffeur? are currently on my wish list. Do you think any of them will be the right shade?

COLOURFUL KIYA



4 comments:

  1. I love this colour. I found a similar shade at Sephora and can't stop wearing it. I'd love to find a more exact Tiffany colour... I think it just needs to be a bit more teal than mint. I came across your blog and am your newest follower. I would love if you’d visit me at : the daily savant : and (if you like) follow with GFC and Blog Lovin'!

    : signe
    thedailysavant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following! You're officialy my first follower and I really appreciate you find my blog interesting enought to follow even though I am only starting:-)! I'll most defintely check your blog soon. I love it too but as I said I am still hunting for the Tiffany colour. The nail polish you mentioned is it Sephora's own brand or other? Let me know I would like to check it out as I would also like to buy new nail polish like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perfect Tiffany nail polish is China Glaze for Audrey. I love that shade:) it's the exact shade of the Tiffany boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip! I will definitely check it out :-). x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...