Pages

18 March 2013

THREE WINTER LIP WONDERS

Happy Monday!

I called this post Winter Lip Wonders even though it's almost spring. The products mentioned below I use all year round but I got the most of them especially in the winter time when my lips are more on the dry side and that's why the winter in the title.

During my search for the best product available out there I have tried loads of lip balms from Carmex through Nivea through Vaseline Petroleum Jelly (yes, I do love my Rosy Lips even though it didn't make it to the top three) to a random no brand products but found the following work the best for me. So here they are.

C.O.Bigelow Lavender Salve

One of my all time favourite! This is my go to product for night or to use when my lips are having especially dry day. Only a tiny amount of this salve will moisturize your lips like nothing else. I keep this on my bedside table and apply it every night before I go to sleep or whenever I feel my lips need a good hydration. I bought this little lip wonder on my trip to the US last summer and since there is so much product left in the tin I am yet to explore where I can buy it in Europe. Any suggestions? And yes, it does smell of lavender :-).
 
 

Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm

Another cheeky purchase from the US :-). Before this Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm I have already tried the Burt's Bees Lip Balm in Mango which is also a fantastic product but I just think that this one suits my dry lips much better. In my opinion, no lip balm stays on your lips for hours...couple of minutes to half an hour - yes, but no longer than that. And so this is one of those that last the longest (together with the C.O. Bigelow). It feels very nourishing on the lips and is another favourite of mine also because it doesn't have any smell to it.


 
Labello Hydro Care Lip Balm

This product made it to my overview only because I keep it in my office and use it every five seconds. The truth is that I am not the biggest fan of this lip balm but since I work in the office with an air condition I just need to have something to put on my lips after each cup of tea or a glass of water I finish because my lips are drying really fast and so this little buddy has its place in my drawer at the moment. I don't know if it's the product itself or just me trying to keep myself hydrated all the time but I don't think the lasting power is any good. What do you think?

 
 
Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub

If you're not as lazy as I am you will definitely appreciate this fantastic scrub. I have to admit I absolutely love this scrub, it tastes great - just like the name suggests it really does smell and taste like bubblegum. I love it and the best thing about it is that you can eat it. Ok, you shouldn't (it's called scrub and not strawberries after all) but since it's a Lush product, it's completely natural, suitable for vegans and so it's safe for your body. Unfortunately, as I mentioned earlier I am rather lazy when it comes to peeling your lips and even though I absolutely love this product I usually end up using my toothbrush on the lips when brushing my teeth. It's just way faster than looking for this little jar and scrubbing it on your lips.




So now you know. This is my list of the top three winter lip products I am loving right now. Next on my wishlist is Dr Nipple Original Lip Balm and NUXE Reve de Miel Baume Levres Ultra-Nourrissant Utra-Nourishing Lip Balm. After reading quite a few amazing reviews I am very intrigued to try both of them. We shall see which one will make it to my lip balm collection first.
 
 
If you have any other suggestions for lip products for very dry and chapped lips, please let me know. I am always opened to try new things :-).
 
Love,
 
colourful kiya 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...